Reichert Publishing Open Access Policyas PDF
Open Access has established itself as an essential part of the scientific world. Open Access means easy, free of charge access to scientific content as well as unrestricted usage of such in research and teaching, with the content being available anyplace, anytime. Reichert publishing offers its authors and editors the possibility of Open Access publishing for their monographs and anthologies by means of a publication fee. This is determined by several factors, such as the time of placement as Open Access content and the extent of the offer, as well as the scope and effort of the publication.
COST AND ACCESS
The costs for immediate digital accessibility (Open Access Gold) lie between € 4.500,- and € 9.000,-, depending on the scope of the title at hand. As Open Access publishing and traditional, high-quality print offers can go hand in hand in the scientific sector, we offer our customers Open Access publishing as a standard complementary module next to traditional printing. However, a solely digital Open Access publication is, of course, also possible.
Our Open Access publications are not only available on our own Media Library, but are of course also made available on important international Open Access databases and repositories. Our Open Access publications supplement our large range of high-quality print products and our ever growing assortment of e-books.
Libraries, universities and other institutional customers can gain access to our digital offers via our Website, either within the framework of a paid subscription or as direct, free-of-charge access to Open Access publications.
SERVICES OFFERED BY REICHERT PUBLISHING
It goes without saying that we manage our Open Access publications with the same care and attention to the highest quality possible as we do our traditional print products. Our qualified team will offer you professional guidance in project consulting, editing and production, as well as concerning the pre-press stage and printing process. Comprehensive marketing and extensive Open Access distribution ensure a wide reach, worldwide availability and discoverability of our Open Access publications and will thus help actively disseminate your scientific content.
Open Access Gold publication include the following services:
- Project consulting: support regarding applications for funding. Consultation on the editorial preparation of your manuscript.
- Peer Review procedure: Assurance of quality maintenance of your scientific work through independent experts from the same field of research.
- Assessment of manuscript: Including professional proofreading, expert editing or foreign language proofreading, if desired (see below).
- Production: professional typesetting, layout, cover design.
- Visibility and indexing: Assignment of a Digital Object Identifier (DOI). Report to Crossref database. Metadata in common formats for library catalogs and service providers. Listing at common providers for abstracting, indexing and discovery services, such as Ex Libris and WorldCat, JSTOR, Knowledge BASE, OAPEN Library, Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB), Google Books. Authors registered with ORCID can be identified in this way.
- Long-term archiving: Via our Media Library, via the German National Library and – after consultation – within library’s Dark Archives.
- Marketing and distribution: We assure the same quality in the promotion of newly released Open Access titles which we apply to the promotion of our traditional print publications. Just as the latter, we promote newly released Open Access titles through newsletters, catalogs on new releases and in our publisher’s preview, as well as through review requests. Furthermore, we offer bookstalls at specialist conferences to promote titles. We may charge additional costs for complex typesetting, extensive image editing, obtaining image rights, proofreading by a native speaker and/or expert editing or the like.
LICENSES AND RIGHTS OF USE
Open Access publications require specific user licenses. As a rule, we publish under a Creative Commons BY-NC-ND license, which guarantees the mention of the originator and which allows for usage of content in non-commercial settings and if unedited. It is also possible to choose other types of licenses – please contact us regarding these. The demands of our authors and the requirements of the institutions financially supporting a publication are our main concern. Strict quality requirements apply to all our publications, which meet both our own standards and the specifications of the respective funding institution. This also applies to the requisite peer review procedure.
Should you have any further questions regarding Open Access publications, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email@example.com